Leslie Ellen Shear has practiced family law in California since 1976. She is certified by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization as a specialist in Family Law and a Specialist in Appellate Law. Leslie is a fellow of the International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers.
For information about Leslie’s appellate family law practice, visit:Californiafamilylawappeals.
California Family Court Cases (Representation and Consultation)
- Complex child custody matters including but not limited to relocation, parenting plans for infants and small children, interstate and international custody, Hague Abduction Convention proceedings, UCCJEA proceedings, parenting plans for special needs children, and legal custody issues.
- Complex parentage issues including but not limited to non-biological parents, assisted reproduction, social parents, marital parents, non-parent custody and visitation, and supervised visitation.
- Representation of children by court appointment in family law trial court and appellate cases.
- Consulting appellate counsel during trial court proceedings on all family law issues and procedures.
- Representation of child custody evaluators, mediators, parenting plan coordinators and other family court neutrals.
Consensual Dispute Resolution (representation and appointment as neutral)
- Parenting Plan Coordination
- Collaborative Family Law
- Arbitration and Private Judging